Thread: Fingerprinting
View Single Post
Pepperth 04:06 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Do they require fingerprinting for coaches, custodians, priests, bus drivers, etc.? I feel it's important to keep littles without voices, protected, by all means. But don't single some possible criminal accesses without including the requirement of everyone. Same requirements across the board, and yes, while I think underage might be overstepping a bit how many school shootings are happening because the underage are gaining access to weapons? A 14 yo boy just stabbed a girl at an OK school, 1st day and they were all gathered in an auditorium. But then, how would fingerprinting been able to prevent that?
I don't know about public schools, but I work in a Catholic School, and we are fingerprinted, background checked, take a 2 hour course about keeping kids safe, and have to take a small monthly quiz about keeping kids safe. Even parents who volunteer have to take the course before volunteering in classroom. I'm also active in cub scouts and while I didn't do the fingerprinting, there was a background check and keeping kids safe type training to be an adult leader. Ironically, I had to do the background check twice in a month when I started all this, but I'm good with that. I'd rather they take the precautions.