View Single Post
Cat Herder 03:58 AM 03-10-2020
I charge tuition, with a contract, per slot. It does not matter if the child attends or not, the tuition is still due or your child will no longer be enrolled. If payment was reversed, I'd take you to court on the theft of services with easy documentation to prove it. Tomato. Toma"to.

Why didn't you ask them in advance if you could arrive late for your child's Dr. appointment? Did they exclude because your child was still sick? Most places have an exception for well-child checks to the late arrival policy with notification. Some exclude if the child received immunizations.

To be honest, losing a subsidy is not the worst thing to happen to the center. Not accepting it at all has been the best business decision I have made. I can enforce my policies without clients feeling entitled to try to force me to comply with their personal wishes. My business is mine.

This seems such a small issue to have gone to this point. I suspect this is not the first time you and this center have had problems working together. It isn't heartless to enforce policies that benefit children and providers even if it inconveniences parents.