Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
e.j. 04:00 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My licensor is currently self quarantined.

She went on vacation 2 weeks ago. She's been back only a week and has symptoms. Had to drive 4 hours to get tested and wont know until Tuesday if she does or doesn't have it.

Thankfully, she was on top of it and she hadnt visited any child care facilities since returning from vacation.

I do not know where she went for vacation so I am unsure if it was in or out of the country but either way, scary times for sure.
That really is scary to think about! Imagine how many families she could have infected had she been doing her normal days worth of inspections?

I hope your son doesn't have it. Hoping your son is like mine and not too terribly social and more than likely didn't get within 6 feet of anyone. Not that those things are a safe bet, just that it's the only solace we have right now.
There is an upside to having AS when social distancing becomes the norm. I'll take any solace I can get right about now! lol He asked around and did find out she works on the floor below him. He didn't have direct contact with her. Unfortunately, it's hard to know how many people she did have direct contact with and whether he had any contact with them. Time will tell, I guess!

How's your son doing through all of this?

IOur local banks just sent out notice they are closing lobby doors starting tomorrow and doing only drive through. Anything else that needs taken care of must be done via e-mail or other alternative methods.
That's smart on the banks' part. From what I can see, our bank is suggesting the use of hand sanitizer - which you can't find anywhere! They just remodeled the building we bank at. The tellers are standing at what basically are small work islands with no real separation from the customer. In pre-covid19 days, I questioned the wisdom of that and how unsafe it seems to be for the tellers. At this point, they're probably more worried about being coughed or sneezed on than being robbed.