View Single Post
Cat Herder 04:57 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by PB&J:
I follow your posts a lot and really value what you have to say. Tone is hard over posts, so I hope you know this is a genuine quest for information: why would you quarantine in place? Our regulating agency and county health department both advise closing down and will take over informing families to “do” their own self-quarantining.
It is a worst-case scenario for preparedness planning. "Alien abduction plan". We are required to have Emergency Preparedness plans, drills and supplies. It was not intended for just pandemics. Gunman, tornado, flood, hurricane, earthquakes and forest fires. It is an everyday plan. We are rural/mountains/national forest. Parents not being able to get to us is a real thing out here.

I personally have pregnant clients, two with seniors in their home, three with siblings at home and one on chemo. It is possible at least one may need my help this go-round. Plan for the worst and never need it. I have never lived in a city where there are resources closeby. 20 minute EMS/police response is how we live.