View Single Post
PB&J 05:03 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
It is a worst-case scenario for preparedness planning. "Alien abduction plan". We are required to have Emergency Preparedness plans, drills and supplies. It was not intended for just pandemics. Gunman, tornado, flood, hurricane, earthquakes and forest fires. It is an everyday plan. We are rural/mountains/national forest.

I personally have pregnant clients, two with seniors in their home, three with siblings at home and one on chemo. It is possible at least one may need my help this go-round. Plan for the worst and never need it. I have never lived in a city where there are resources closeby. 20 minute EMS/police response is how we live.
Gotcha! I did know that you are rural, and it does seem like some of your plan is based also on your relationship with your families. We, too, have to have drastic emergency plans (but we are closer to “big city” life and I know that comes into play). We are larger (in home) with employees and one thing that HIT me about making our plans: we were advised to inform our employees that they are NOT to abandon their “posts” to attend to their own families. Ummmmmmm.......