View Single Post
nanglgrl 06:45 AM 04-04-2016
Originally Posted by HL0605:
I'm in Ohio and am not licensed solely because the state requires that you accept state funded clients and not charge the difference. If you do not have an assistance receiving client enrolled they may revoke your license. They pay about 60% of what I charge my clients, so it makes no sense for me to be licensed. This is so completely unfair, it boggles my mind that it really is the law. When I questioned ODJFS about how it could be in my interest to become licensed, I was told that I should take a client who was on assistance (at 60% of my regular fee) because it was "the right thing to do". Why should daycare providers, who make some of the lowest wages of any profession, be the ones to subsidize child care for low income parents? It's crazy to me.
Because we work with children. For some reason teachers and daycare providers are supposed to sacrifice ourselves for the sake of the children (even if we have our own children who would also have to sacrifice) but pediatric doctors and many other professions can do what they do for the sake of their businesses.