View Single Post
Blackcat31 11:57 AM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
I was told
this by my attorney. He said it depends on the type of case and if the judge will allow it.

My judge did not allow for it in my divorce and custody case
A couple years ago I was stuck in the middle of a case where a few daycare kids were being rmoved from their mother's custody.

ALL of my e-mails to CPS, my licensor, the father, the grandmother and to the guardian ad Litem as well as the e-mails back and forth between the mother and I were included as documentation for court. The information I provided was detrimental in having these children removed from an unhealthy situation.

I would honestly assume that each case would have different guidelines or the judge will decide on an individual basis on whether or not to include e-mails as valid proof of something.

I also had a concillation case a couple years back that was won because of the proof (e-mails from parent) I submitted.

Personally, I would still e-mail myself as Sunshine Mama said. Documentation is documentation either way in my book. I shouldnt think it would matter if it was hand written or written on the computer.