View Single Post
itcgnyc 02:50 PM 07-02-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am interested in starting my own day care in westbury/new york, can you please tell me some of the things I need to know
Greetings! Congratulations on your decision to open a Childcare Program in New York! Very exciting. You will first want to read the Rules and Regs from New York State OCFS, Article 418. You can find those regs at the following site: http://ocfs.ny.gov/main/childcare/daycare_regs.asp

Once you have read through the licensing regs. you will need to decide if you want to open a group family daycare (for up to 16 children) or a childcare center. I can help you with pros/cons of starting with one versus the other.

Next steps will include lining up your financing, securing a real estate broker to help you find a viable site, preparing operating and start up budgets, conducting tuition survey to determine tuition rates, securing an architect, having your site approved, developing branding and marketing plan based on demographics, developing policies and procedures, developing an FF&E and placing order for your classroom set ups to meet licensing and program objectives, hiring staff including your director, setting up your center, completing appropriate trainings required by licensing, completing all licensing paperwork, setting up child and personnel files, and planning your grand opening Again, my company can help, as I open centers in NYS/NYC for developers, but I wanted to give you an overview. Give me a call if you have more questions:

Cindy Basse O'Neill
(Island Training & Consulting Group)
Good luck!