View Single Post
teacher28 03:32 PM 08-02-2010
Hi everyone! I'm curious as to how all of you started up your daycare? I am currently a teacher and have been for the past 5 years now. I think this would be a fun and great way to be able to stay at home with my child when that time comes. We don't have any kids as of right now.

Here's my big question. I wasn't sure if I should start the daycare up before I have my first child or wait until after I have a baby and then after about 6-8 months when I was ready start up the daycare? My husband is going to be working on finishing the basement and I originally wanted to have everything up and running by June 2011 so I could start enrolling kids either over next summer or in Sept. 2011. We were also thinking about getting pregnant this spring so then I was thinking that if I get pregnant in the meantime and have my own baby in 2012 would it make things really complicated? I don't like the idea of closing down the daycare for only 2 weeks when I have my own baby. What advice do you all have!? Thanks so much again!