View Single Post
kidkair 03:46 PM 08-08-2010
I started my daycare last year with having none of my own children. I smile at parents who ask me how many of the kids I take care of are mine. I reply that they are all mine until closing and then I get to relax a bit. It took me some time to establish a client base but I have the amount I can handle. My advise is start strict with your policies and don't let parents push you over for changes to the contract. You can relax on them if you need to in the future. I also agree with the advice to start pricing low and raise it with future clients. I have done that and though the paperwork is a bit tricky its nothing I can't handle. If you want to stand out above other home based daycares one of the best ways is to keep the group small and slowly build up. Some of my clients love my small group because the kids get more individual attention and I have the potential of taking on another kid of theirs if they chose to have another baby and thus keep siblings together. I wish you the best of luck!