View Single Post
kpa0627 02:05 PM 09-22-2010
I have a daycare assistant that comes in 2 hours a day Monday through Friday so I can step out and run errands, attend appointments, do homework, etc. She's been here for 2 months. She comes mostly during rest time but sometimes at other points during the day. Today I had a doctors appointment out of town and had to be gone from 1030 to 330. I came home to CHAOS!! The playroom had EVERY toy thrown off the shelf. They had somehow pulled the door stopper out of the wall and a screw out of a chair. It was LOUD and one of the boys was hitting another as I walked in. My assistant was with 2 of the children that were still eating and the other 4 kids were in the playroom obviously not being even monitored at all! I'm just really frustrated because a parent knocked on the door probably 45 seconds after I walked into this and I know it looked bad! I don't know what to do. I have a cyst on my ovary so I will be attending more appointments and it obviously has to be during the week. I'm just really frustrated. I've not had any other big issues with her in the past except texting ALOT (but it's during nap time) and she's very timid and lets the kids pretty much walk all over her. What should I do or what would YOU do? I've got to figure something out soon as I will have appointments to attend but I just can't close and make parents upset.