Thread: A is for Apple!
View Single Post
nanglgrl 12:04 PM 09-11-2013
I noticed that a lot of the daycare providers on here are doing an apple theme this month. Since I "liked" so many of your pages on Facebook I get to see so many cool ideas!
I thought this would be a great place to post what we're doing with this theme. I've seen so many ideas from some of you that my list of "to do's this month is LONG (but in a good way!).
All of my daycare kids are 3 and under and I focus more on the process than the product. I don't like ideas that have me doing 90% of the work just so they can take a parent pleaser home.

1. We are dissecting apples and we are going to be putting apples together (I will post a picture when the clay dries).
2. We are making mini apple pies.
3. We are trying 4 different kinds of apples and charting everyone's favorite kind.
4. I made a post in our basement into a tree. I attached clothespins to the branches so I can change the leaves throughout the year. Right now it's an apple tree and the kids can climb up and pick apples.
5. There are many more things we are doing but I can't think of them off of the top of my head.
Here is a picture of the craft we did today. This is my craft, the children's didn't look like this. The leaves and stem were wherever they wanted to put them and most of them didn't cover the plate in red. They really loved using their fingers as worms though.