View Single Post
Leigh 09:34 AM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by Mom2TLE:
So I am terming my 3yo dcb with behavioral issues. Just wondering a few things,
1) Is there a better way to word this? I don't want to come across as not being able to handle behavioral issues but this one is different. On Thursday DCG2 was lying on the floor getting her socks on, he walked up and stomped on her stomach. Unprovoked, no warning just did it. SO I want them to knoe the reason.
Dear DCM,
Please accept this letter as notice of termination of our childcare contract.
Due to continued behavioral issues and progressively worsening aggressive behavior, I am no longer able to meet DCB's needs without hiring additional staff.
I am providing 2 weeks notice as per our contract. Last day of care will be 4/16/2014.
I wish you and your family the best.
Sincerely, Your daycare provider

2) do you tell them in person when handing them the letter, give it to them in an envelope and tell them to call with questions, Do you explain or just say there is no way I can continue to meet DCB's needs in this situation?
I would not admit to not being able to meet needs. I would word it more like:

This is notice of termination of the contract to provide child care services for Stompy McHitter. After trying several widely accepted behavioral interventions, unacceptable and violent behaviors have not improved and continue to escalate. For the safety of the rest of the group of children at MyHappyDaycare I must inform you that 4/16/2014 is the last day that I am willing to provide care. Until this date, Stompy will be kept by my side, and away from rest of the group to prevent the opportunity to harm others.

If you wish to help this family out, I would refer them to a family therapist who could help them work out these issues.