View Single Post
KidGrind 06:19 AM 01-12-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
We met with what I thought would be a great DCP for us on Friday. This would be our first time using a DCP so its very new to us. After our meeting I sent her a message saying I thought she would be a great fit and we look forward to starting this upcoming week or the following (we gave her that option in case she needed a little more time to adjust, she just opened her DC and enrolled one other toddler). She didn't respond but I can see that she "read" the message. Saturday comes and goes with no response. I messaged her again this morning asking if she still wanted to move forward again she "read" the message but did not respond. Are these red flags?

I felt our initial meeting went pretty well. But there were maybe a few things that could've changed her mind about our family which I'll mention below.

- 3 year old is not potty trained
- 16 month old will not nap well around other kids, and would need to be in a separate room to fall asleep better (she said she would use a monitor and that would be fine!)
- I questioned if she planned to drive the kids around, but never said I was against it.
- We noticed she had a dog in the backyard and while I'm not totally against it did make me a little uncomfortable (I think she noticed this with my face expression), but I'm open to it.

Does it sounds like she may of changed her mind about us? I'm just frustrated with the lack of communication. She knows we were looking to start fairly soon and if she doesn't want to move forward, she could at least respond?
Some people have a hard time telling potential clients that they’re not a right fit. Some people also have a hard time telling clients they’re still interviewing others for the spot or that they’re simple still deciding if they want to take on a particular family.

Though it’s easy for me to say, “No.” A lot of providers seem to fear the parents questioning as to why.

From a parent’s standpoint, I am personally thinking why do you want to go to a provider who not responding to you? As a mother I would think, “If is having a hard time communicating with me, how are we going to communicate with my children in her care.”

As a potential client/parent I would just move on and keep looking.