View Single Post
Angelwings36 12:53 PM 10-05-2011
I sent dcm this email. I know she is going to be livid, but I don't care anymore I am tired of dealing with her breaking my policies all the time and even more so at a discounted price. Tell me what you think.

After a week of thought and careful consideration I have come to a decision. Based on today’s actions and all past problems I have tolerated from you, your “discounted price” is being expired. On Friday September 30th you made a payment towards your monthly daycare cost for October for the sum of $225.00. Based on my regular full time rate your balance owing is $425.00. As per contract fees are to be paid prior to your child attending daycare. The $225.00 payment covers you until Tuesday October 11th. A payment of $90.00 will be needed on Wednesday October 12th, prior to your child attending that day, in order to cover the last three days of care before your mid monthly payment. The remaining balance of $335.00 is due on Friday October 14th in order to avoid a late fee of $10.00/day. Please make sure that these final two payments are paid in full on time.

Over the past two years you have broken the following policies:

1. Dropping ***** off before my opening time of 7:30am every single day until the month of April 2011 when I finally started locking my door until 7:30am. In one month you made me work over an additional 7 hours just from dropping off 20 plus minutes early. After I started locking my door you still approached my door before 7:30am and allowed ***** to bang on it for sometime upwards of 15 plus minutes. This was extremely disrespectful to the very little time I have with my family in the morning. On top of that there was a number of times that I was unaware that my door was unlocked and you proceeded to let yourself in before 7:30am. When I made the remark that it was not 7:30am yet and I didn’t realize my door wasn’t locked you laughed and responded with, “Yeah, but its 7:25am so close enough.” Believe it or not those extra 5 minutes do mean something to me in the mornings. As per contract: The provider will never accept an earlier than 7:30am drop off and the daycare doors will remain locked until 7:30am on the bell.

2. Sending ***** to daycare with toys. As per contract I do not allow outside toys in the daycare. There was actually a few times that you made me spend 15 plus minutes at the end of my day to search for a toy item that ***** had brought in. I am not responsible for any outside items that get lost in my home and this is exactly why I don’t allow outside items in, in the first place. As per contract: Please do not bring outside toys and/or activities for your child as conflicts between your child and other children in the daycare are prone to take place. Also I will not be responsible for any outside toys that get misplaced in the daycare.

3. You insisted 4 months ago that I cut out *****’s nap because he was not sleeping well at night. As per contract: All children in childcare must have a rest period.

4. In March of this year I changed my hours on Friday so I could close at 4:30pm. At that time I was not aware that you could have used your EDO time to pick ***** up earlier on Fridays. For this reason I stretched my closing time on Fridays for you. In one month I worked an extra 3 hours just for you. It was rude of you to not mention the fact that using your EDO time for Fridays was a possibility. Had I realized this I would have made it mandatory that ***** be picked up no later than 4:30pm on Fridays to begin with. As per contract: I will charge a $15.00 late fee for every 15 minutes (or part of 15 minutes) that you are later than 5:15pm to pick up your child on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday or later than 4:30pm to pick up your child on Friday. As per contract you should have been charged an additional $45.00 for picking up at 5:15pm on Fridays. I think you took for granted that I didn’t enforce this policy.

5. On two separate occasions you told me that you wanted to pick ***** up during the daycare naptime. As per contract I do not allow any drop offs or pick-ups during naptime as it disturbs the children in my care. The last time I told you no you got upset with me and stormed out of the house. Later that week you brought it up again and slammed your van door. As per contract: Pick up and drop offs during naptime will not be allowed as it disturbs the children.

6. During the winter of 2010 you did not bring ***** dressed properly for the winter weather, not even once. I even went to the extreme of providing you with a pair of winter boots so that he came in proper footwear, you did not use them once. As per contract: Please bring appropriate out door clothing. Please be sure that your child has appropriate food wear each day they attend daycare.

7. You failed to give me a written notice upon termination. I think you are taking for granted that I was nice enough to type you out a termination letter and print it off for you to sign 5 days after I would have allowed anyone else to do so. As per contract: A one-month advance written notice when terminating childcare services is required. Families are responsible for their regular payment during that time whether your child is in attendance or not. Families are responsible for their regular payment during that time even if the childcare provider was the one who chose to terminate services. Termination notice can only be given on the 1st of any month

In the long run ***** your “discounted price” was offered to you out of the courtesy of my heart. It is a privilege and I hold the right to take that privilege away at any given time. As per contract I do not have to give any set amount of notice when I raise rates. Over the past two years I could have termed your contract over any of the above 7 policies that you broke. I also did not have to accept your late written notice. Truly speaking I could have told you due to the fact that I was not given written notice of termination on October 1st you would be required to pay for the month of November as well. That would have left you owing me $725.00, rather than the $425.00 you owe me now. I’m sorry but I am not working the rest of the month at $21.00/day and dealing with all the stress and tension you are causing me on top of it.

I am really sorry that our relationship is ending like this, but unfortunately you have made it clear to me that our friendship was only in place as long as your discount was in place.

Signed, ******.