View Single Post
Unregistered 07:51 AM 02-08-2010
Although providers may not legally be required to disclose that they have a dog I think it IS the providers responsiblity to tell the parents before enrolling that they have a dog, if they hide it make one think what else are they hiding?

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am also licensed in the state of Maryland, and yes you can have cats and dogs in the daycare, as long as they are vaccinated. When 1st starting my daycare, we had 3 cats and 2 dogs. Now we are down to one 14 year old yellow lab. She is indoor (has always been). My daycare children as well as my own children, from infant up, have always been around the dog. The dog stays in the same room with the kids most of the day. None of my parents have ever had a problem with the dog. She has never had fleas or ticks, but I have had children come in and tell me that their dogs have fleas. Fleas can come in on diaper bags, clothes, etc. Maybe this persons child got the flea bites at home or at a friends house??? I don't believe the daycare provider even has to tell you she has a dog, as long as she is meeting her states requirements on the dog. It should have been your responsibility to ask.