View Single Post
MyAngels 10:17 AM 09-15-2010
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
wow, Ill bite too,.. #1.... california can smooch on my tush ! lol. I DO spank my own kids. I have for 19 years and will continue to do so until they are at an age they no longer require it. (by saying that I mean,.. the 9 yr old, lol, not the 19 yr old. ) eww. lol.

Lets see,.. between the four kids,.. REAL spankings,.. probably 10 total? in 19 years. So they knew if they got one it was something they NEVER did again. And they knew NOT to do whatever they did to get the spanking. Like when the 7 yr old (now 12) just took off down the street, around the corner and down the block to see if her friend was home after I TOLD her she couldnt and then I went to the bathroom.

Or when the 19 yr old was 9 and lied about grade cards and assignments, telling the teacher I was dead and trying to forge his step moms name on his report card. (he didnt know his teacher and I were friends). He enver did that again..... lol.

Or when the 13 yr old didnt know I was standing behind her in the store and used a bad word and said something to the effect of,.. Ill just tell her to kiss by butt. (only she did NOT say buttt) Ummm,... oh no,.I dont talk that way,.. neither will they. so in front of God and everyone else I popped her butt, embarrassed her in front of her friends, and made her think twice about thinking I was out out of earshot. She didnt get a mark, she didnt get beaten, I popped her butt and yes, I would do it again.

I think a balance of what YOU personally believe is how you are the best parent you can be. Noone can make that decision for you,.... And YES I tell my clients I spank my own children, Yes I will swat their behind when the kids are here, Yes I take them to the other room, and yes the other kids know its happening. If daycare clients dont like that they can find another provider,... If one of my own children do something to warrant a spanking, then they get the shame that comes with everyone knowing they got one. However,... Mine arent the ones causing trouble at the store, throwing fits to get things, and NEVER have they raised a hand to me. If they did,.. they WOULD get a spanking. And I HOPE they raise my grandkids the SAME WAY.
Absolutely couldn't agree more! My own kids are grown now, with the oldest thinking about having kids of his own. Get this - he talks often about how he will raise his children exactly the way he was raised, spankings and all. I can't tell you the number of times through the years that my husband and I got compliments about how great our kids are - loving, respectful, helpful and kind. And to think, they suffered the indignity of a handful of spankings and still managed to turn out to be wonderful people in spite of it .