View Single Post
Baby Beluga 12:39 PM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
I make more financially with PT spots because I charge more for them but I agree with you that having the same children everyday has huge advantages and there a good reasons for FT having priority over PT.

Less cubbies / space needed to store their stuff
Less parent to interact / communicate with
Consistent group energy
Consistent environment (i.e. I have to change mine every other day as I have one child 2-days a week who puts things in his mouth the rest of the gorup does not and can handle and likes small items like legos, etc.)

I would be honest with your PT family and give them the choice of increasing days. If they cannot / do not want to it gives them plenty of time to make other plans as PT care is not easy to find. The only downside I see to this is they may pull sooner than August if they find something sooner - but you would also be getting 50% tuition for the infant so that may not be a loss financially.

Although I make more financially I feel FT will trump PT going forward in my program as it makes life easier on me. In your case it also is better financially.

Best of luck!!
I agree with the bolded. When I first started I had 4 kids from 6:30 - 4:30pm M-F. The consistency was wonderful.

Now that I have so many part timers it's a bit crazy. I would like to simplify a little bit. I recently made a thread about brain fog and looking back I think the part timers and inconsistency play a role in the professional brain fog.

Financially, if I term the 2 half day kids, enroll my DCK who is started in Aug 5 days and have the family of the infant pay 50% of tuition I will make $50 more than the way things are now.