View Single Post
lblanke 03:34 PM 10-11-2019
I would be hurt, too, but I don't think you need to be worried about being protected. At 3 years old, I do not think you would be legally responsible for even the willful misconduct of your child while she was in someone else's care. Whoever is supervising her would be more liable, I would think, so perhaps that is why she felt the need to dismiss your child.

Just supposing here, but if she bit another child, then maybe the provider is worried about having to pay for a medical check up for the injured child or the loss of income if the family of the injured child leaves.

I would play up excitement of the new preschool. On a related note, you said she spent more time with the provider than you. I get it; I am a busy working mom, too. But, if at all possible, could other family members help out (grandma, aunt, dad, anyone) or can you juggle your work hours so that the person she spends the most time is with you? You are the biggest influence on your child, and she should have more one on one time with you than any other single person if at all possible at that age. Sometimes, that is just not possible, but if you can, something to consider.