View Single Post
badger411 07:43 PM 06-01-2016
Okay, I have an 8 month old dcb, and the dcm is driving us crazy. She is a first-time mom. She wants a written report of everything that goes on (when and where for diaper changes and naps, time and amount of feedings) to the point that she brought in her own form for us to fill out.

Any deviation from what they do at home is met with a text complaining about it and telling us what we need to do instead. For example, we fed the kid 6 oz of formula (8 months old and only allowed to give 6 oz bottles) in the morning, and she texted to complain that it was only 2 hours since she fed him, and what he really wanted was a nap. The kid does not nap here because there is too much activity. He wants to watch the other kids play. He fights a nap until he is exhausted.

She only wants him to eat 4 oz of Gerber fruit at lunch, with no cereal and no formula. Today, he ate the 4 oz she sent and he started screaming when it was gone. We fed him another 4 oz of fruit we had. Again, he was unhappy when it was gone. So we gave him a 6 oz bottle, hoping that he would relax enough to nap. She was livid that we fed him more than they feed him at home.

She wants him to spend the entire day on tummy time because the last provider "held him too much." He doesn't WANT to do tummy time, he cries after 5 minutes. He wants to be in the jumper, or the swing, or watching the other kids, but most of the time he won't stop crying unless he is held and moved from room to room. He starts crying and he starts flailing his arms and getting hysterical every second he is not picked up. It sometimes takes 5 minutes of bouncing and soothing words before he calms down.

I guess my question is, should we be adhering to the mom's demands, or should we be doing what keeps the baby happy and lie on the form we fill out? The mom's schedule doesn't really mesh with our timetable, and I basically have to spend the entire day catering to this one child while my wife takes care of all the other kids.