Thread: Closure Policy?
View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 07:29 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
One thing is are they walking to work? I mean they can get their kid to by walking. What happens when they get stuck in it commuting to work. I close when schools close now. I know i am at home and dont need to travel in it. Your parents do and unless you are prepared to be stuck passed closing with children you need to explain that. I also would not open for 1 or 2 kids either.
That was my thought too. It's not so much about them being able to get to my house to drop off, as it is about them being able to get to my house to pick up on time. As well as making sure emergency services are able to get to my house if needed. We rarely have snow days, because it's just a fact of life here, but when we do it's usually because they are shutting down highways and roads, in which case that would affect Emergency Services, so therefore I close as well. Also, my area has had an influx of people from out of state who moved here for work, and many of them have no clue how to drive in the winter, so they usually heed the warnings. If they close roads, you can actually get ticketed for driving on them also, so people tend to stay put.