Thread: Daycare Injury
View Single Post
e.j. 12:09 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by Flogrown:
She was changed into new clothes cause of the blood at the daycare. Whoever changed her say the injuries and do not report it. Every one acted like they didn't know what we were talking about. They are doing an investigation. Does this classify as negligence?
Do the care givers at your dd's day care work in shifts? Is it possible your dd fell and hurt herself in the morning and the care giver who saw the injury and changed her clothing left for the day without thinking to inform the care giver who took over for the afternoon shift? That may account for why, when you asked what happened, no one there seemed to know. Hopefully, someone will be able to explain what happened to your satisfaction. It can be unsettling when you notice an injury that you weren't told about so I can understand why you might be a little upset.

I would wait until they do their "investigation" before I'd jump to an assumption of negligence - especially if they have a good track record of informing you about injuries. There have been times when I fully intended to tell a parent about an injury but lost sight of it because it happened early in the day and it was minor enough that the child was playing/acting normally since it happened. It's easy to forget about it by the end of the day - especially if pick up time gets busy with several kids and parents needing my attention. Good luck. I hope you get some answers soon for your own peace of mind.