View Single Post
Jo123ABC 07:54 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Oh boy you have your hands full. For the first issue, I would have the kids involved in something that she cannot be a part of or have them in their highchairs so she can't be hanging on them or them on her. Then say, "sorry dcm, I"m right in the middle of (insert whatever", I'll see ya tomorrow! I would flat out tell her that I'm not pureeing his food. I would not be shy about that. I mean, unless he has zero teeth lol. Is he your last one to go home at the end of the day? Have your coat and shoes on and tell her, sorry I have errands, gotta go! Do it a couple of times and she'll get the hint. Or send out a mass email, text etc and say, don't mean to be rude, but I have to cut conversations short at pickup time as I have quite a bit to get done. That way you're not just targeting her if you don't want to.

The second situation. Let me get this straight, she wants you to only feed 4 ounces of breast milk the entire day for an 11 month old? No cereal, fruits, veges? Over 5 months here, we're required to serve those things in addition to breast milk. Why is she only feeding breastmilk?

Lastly, the one that wants you to get child ready quickly. I'm assuming it's a text. If you are too busy, then when they come, just say Oh I'm sorry I was doing this or that, I didn't see your text. I do have one mom that does that occassionally. I know that she's barely able to get out of work to get dcb to swim class, so if I'm able, I have him ready and waiting. She always thanks me, so if I can, I do it. But if you're too busy, then just tell them you are just too dang busy. They'll get over it.
I've actually thought about trying the errand excuse! That'll probably be my next tactic haha.

As for the milk, she wants me to only feed 10 oz. Per day. Two 5 oz feedings. I give food too but this baby wants three 5-6 oz sippy cups of milk with her food. All of my other kids get 3 cups of milk per day too. I don't want to cut her short. At least give me formula or something. I avoid juice because I'd rather give it as a treat and I feed a lot of fresh fruits instead.