View Single Post
youretooloud 05:59 AM 03-22-2011
Originally Posted by mac60:
I totally agree with you. Why can illegals get a Medicad card (or whatever free healthcare they are so called entitled to) , while my own family suffers without adequate healthcare, and we are American, we have paid taxes our whole life, yet we are not entitled to the same benefits that illegals are......something about that just isn't right or fair. It goes beyond the illegals though, look at the people who abuse the Welfare, food stamp, Medicaid, etc help. They will suck it dry as long as they can......
Around here, it would be futile to be racist, or against Hispanics at all. The largest percentage of our state is Hispanic, then white, then middle Eastern.

But, undocumented people receive the largest amount of our State paid health care. Too much of our money goes to teaching English as a second language. Our local schools have fired all the librarians. Only a few of the schools have a gifted program, and those that do, share one teacher. We no longer provide service to the younger kids who need early intervention for speech or other learning disabilities.

Our daycare food programs are 99% undocumented women, who's husbands aren't working, and they receive tier 1 reimbursement. ALL of our food program training classes are held in Spanish, and we have an English interpreter.

I get tier 2 reimbursements, AND, I have to provide a social security number. If a Hispanic woman refuses to provider her social security number, they have to mark on the paperwork that she refused it... but, she still gets tier 1. *I* have to make copies of all of my menus. (which I hate with a passion) and keep it for one year. But, those who say "I can't afford the ink or i don't have a printer" get an exemption.

If they don't like the way we in America handle immigration, they come from all over the US to march on our capital. Our state has to pay thousands of police officers, and pass out water bottles, and have ambulances standing by to treat them for heat exhaustion. All paid for by our already bankrupt state.

Most of these people don't pay taxes... so, everything they do is completely free for them, but costs us a lot. If they paid taxes (besides sales tax) then they would be contributing to our state.

ALL of this would be bad enough... but, now the Cartel is coming over the border. Mostly in Texas... but, soon it will be here too. States who aren't close to this don't "get it". Our ranchers are being killed, our teenagers on spring break are being killed.. or politicians near the border are being killed, our police are being killed, our border patrol officers are being killed.

So, if some of us are a little bitter, we do have a good reason, it's not out of ignorance.