View Single Post
jenheu2006 06:23 PM 07-24-2012
The director (head lady) says she backs her staff 100% and that my daughter needs help and proceeded to ask me about what I let go at home and told me how to discipline my child. I except advice as I have never been through these situations before, but I can say we do the same thing everyday at the exact times. I understand children need routines and consistancy. They are aware of the divorice and everything else, they know she is going to therapy, but seem to not want to be on the same page. I asked the director if there was anyway my daughter could be put in a room with the same teacher every day (since she has adjustment/transitioning issues) untilwe get things resolved at counseling. She quickly said no and that my daughter (who turned 4 in June) is being held back in the 2/3 year old room due to her mental state. I just don't understand how someone knows a child is hurting inside and say such mean things about them. I dont want to pull her out and hurt her more emotionaly because there are a few good teachers there, just one bad apple. But I also dont want this teacher treating her the way she has been. And I have told her that I am not asking her to ignore the bad behavior but handle it a different way. My daughter is afraid of that teacher now. Ugh this is hard. I hope it works out. A teacher who my girls and I adore told me to hang in there so I geuss we will see.