Thread: Baby Naps
View Single Post
Joyfulnoise 01:03 PM 07-14-2020
My own ds is 11 mo old. He's never been a good sleeper, but napping has become especially stressful. I know I should have worked with him in the beginning, but I was a stay at home mom and he's my last baby so I just enjoyed snuggling him to sleep at nap times. My other kids were able to play calmly & independently during nap time when I rocked him to sleep so it worked for us. Then I'd lay him down once he was asleep.
Fast forward to now. I'm doing childcare and obviously can't leave the other children unattended to rock him for 20 minutes. He's barely napping at all & when he does fall asleep he wakes up after 20-40 minutes. I've been trying to teach him to fall asleep on his own, but cries for about 30 minutes before falling asleep and still wakes up after about 20 minutes. Then he won't go back to sleep. And he rarely ever takes an afternoon nap. Just the morning one.
I'm so confused as to what to even try. He'll be a year old next week so I'm honestly wondering if I should just forgo the morning nap at this point and put him down to sleep on his own after lunch time just trying for one nap a day. I just don't even have a clue what to do. I rock him to sleep at night as well, but he sleeps well once asleep. Usually nurses once or twice and right back to sleep. Yes I realize this is my fault. Any advice on how to fix it?