Thread: Red Flags?
View Single Post
knoxmomof2 11:58 PM 03-16-2018
I've learned this lesson the hard way : NEVER reschedule an interview. If they don't make it to the first, there's a reason.. Any time I've given the benefit of the doubt, I was sorry. I broke my own policy for one person because they were a referral from an awesome former client... She stood me up 3 times!! All for "last minute, unavoidable problems". Finally met with her, red flags left and right. Any time I've rescheduled and then met with the people, they were not a good fit. Rude, entitled, assuming the choice was entirely theirs and then acting offended when I mentioned that I wanted to be sure it was a good fit for both of us.

I also started using LysesKids' method of having them call 2 hours before the interview to confirm and then giving out the address. It cuts down on a wasted Saturday and stressing about an interview that might not happen and keeps them from showing up unannounced after the fact. 👍

Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
To say I no longer have the opening would be a lie, I will not do that.
I have no problem explaining "why" in the simplest of terms.
I set up a walk-through with this family. They didn't show up, messaged later and said that they thought it was the following day. I again (against my better judgement) told her we could try again the following week. Guess who didn't show up. Trust me, there was no "discrimination" going on. I would have to know something about the person to discriminate against them anyway...