Thread: That Family
View Single Post
Unregistered 11:58 AM 09-13-2016
Originally Posted by Denali:
I am fully prepared to deny care Thursday morning is she doesn't provide proof of fraud on her account or pay the full amount owed including fees. 2 days vs a month of providing care for free is a big difference. I do also still have the check as she said I could keep if for the 23rd payment.

It will cover some of what she owes if I cash it Thursday night to cover the fees. If she doesn't pay me at all ever than it wouldn't cover all of it, but it will be something. Alaska pfd's come out in October. So unless The account is closed ( which no one closes their counts during PFD time unless the bank closes it on you). As sleazy as that might make me feel, she would owe me the money that the check is written for and I have the right to collect it if I have the means to do so. If I have to do this than care will be terminated.

I am serious about 'slapping' her in the face with the rule book and taking her to court if I must. They are not PCS'ing until April. I have confirmed this.

If she pays me then that will buy me time to find a family to replace her and not put me in any real financial hardship. I would like to avoid that if at all possible. But I'm not going to work for free passed the two days that I've given her. If she actually had fraud on her account then by Thursday not only would she have her husband's paycheck but the bank should have credited her the money that was stolen. Do not pay me Thursday all that is owed would simply mean that she lied about the fraud and care would terminated. I would either cash the check to get what I'm owed or proceed to small claims court.

Though that is a question I should ask you guys. If I don't get paid Thursday would you take the check I have and cash it to get the money owed or file a small claims straight off the bat?
Honestly, the first time I cashed the check and it bounced, I would have taken her to small claims with this history. You keep drawing lines and she keeps crossing them. This about can you follow your own rules?