View Single Post
daysofelijah 11:52 AM 02-26-2011
For this child's sake I think you NEED to either confront the parents about the length of time in care, or else if you don't want to confront simply make it your issue. Say that you need to shorten your hours and he needs to be picked up by X time daily. What time is your next to last child picked up? You can make that their latest pick-up time if you want, but I would think 4:15 should be the latest pick-up you allow since he is at your house at 6:15.

Or tell them you calculate your rates based on a 10 hour day. Since he is here an extra 10 hours per week they will need to pay an additional $40 per week (figuring care at $4/hour for overtime, I would more likely say $6-8) , whatever makes it worth it to you. (For me it definitely would not be, my family time is way more valuable than that).

I have a few kids that are in my care from 6:30-5:15 (my open hours) a few days a week, but I would not take a child whose parents wanted to do that every day. 10 hours a day is the MAX recommended for children in daycare.

All my dcparents want to be with their kids and try their best to make them a priority. Sure I know they've all taken a day of "me" time here or there, but not 2 hours every single day when they are only spending one hour of awake time with their child.

That disturbs me greatly that these parents are doing this to this poor child.