View Single Post
missnikki 07:10 AM 02-28-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
So they are on to me. Just got an email from DC Dad. It basically Thanks me again for the new schedule and then says that since March 1st is coming, he needs to know what the new weekly fee will be. He also adds that he will of course, add in the difference between the new and old fee for the last three weeks on to March's check. He also tells me again how wonderful I am that I did not even mention this to them when I honored their request for the new schedule. He also says that I do not need to hesitate when naming that price as they expect to pay at least what a center would charge, since "in his opinion" my daycare is "superior" to any center out there. So there you have it folks - either thursday's revelation with my learning the truth regarding his wife's work schedule prompted this or they have been reading this thread ( lol! Highly, highly unlikely)
Well, it seems to me that they would have egg on their face to put the kid in a center after that. Tell them your concerns, and be upfront and honest. Let them know that raising a child while having decompression time is not a catch 22 that you throw money at. It won't end well. Tell them you have a couple of suggestions that will benefit the child, and may require sacrifice other than financial on their part. That may get through to them.