View Single Post
ksmith 04:10 AM 03-26-2013
Originally Posted by itlw8:
I think you can teach to different processes without matching projects that the teacher actually completed the work. Crafts for older children are different. They do the work not the adult. I have no problenm giving a child a precut project but if a 2 or 3 year old project looks like the ones people post on pinterest the child did not do the work.kinda like all the hand print and foot print projects. great gift for the parents but what did the child learn.

It does help when you are vreative because you parents and teachers believed in process art but I think everyone can still learn even as adults.
I've never completed a child's artwork, and I'm a little surprised at those that said they do. Obviously there can be parts that need to be completed by the teacher, like hot gluing something, pre-cutting, etc. But I don't consider that doing the project for them. I also don't tell children how they should do it. I will show them what I created as an example, but not necessarily a guide. If they glue the legs of a duck on top of it's head so be it.