View Single Post
Unregistered 09:29 AM 03-23-2018
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Sounds like they are getting the required amount of sleep they are needing because they are sleeping so much at night.

I don't see it as an issue though to term? Is the child causing issue's at nap, by not napping? Not much you can do if they are sleeping 12 hours at nap. So many providers talk about how children don't get enough sleep at night, so I would applaud these parents for actually putting their child to bed and the child sleeping.
I do agree that it is great that he is getting a good night's rest. However, this seems to be the opposite extreme. My thoughts are that if he is being put to bed at 6pm, he can't be getting much time with mom and dad during the week. By the time they get home, it's dinner, bath, bed. He probably IS tired by 6 because he is getting such a short nap every day. I just wonder if they pushed back bedtime, maybe he would get a decent nap here. Then they would be able to spend more awake time with him during the week.
Some days he just lays talking to himself after he wakes. Other days he is crying until nap time is over. Because of this, he needs his own room so as not to wake the others. I don't know that I will ever be able to transition him in to a room with others when he is not quiet once he is awake after 30 minutes.