View Single Post
jen 08:09 AM 01-13-2011
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
well, you can disagree for the sake of disagreeing, but i said the provider would be reponsible in this case and you said the same thing. i guess it depends on your definition of agreeing.
Actually, you didn't say "in this case" you said "When an incident occurs, the parents aren't even supposed to know who the other child is that was involved so I don't see how anyone could think otherwise."

My point being, when an incident occurs, it is NOT the providers responsibility to pay the medical bills unless the provider was negligent and the parent can prove it. In this individual case, the provider was negligent.

My point being, had two children been playing, in full view of the provider, and Child A accidentally hit Child B, with an age appropriate toy, the provider would NOT be negligent or responsible for any medical care required.

Your post led me to believe that you think that anytime a child is injured at daycare and requires medical attention, that the provider is liable. That is the issue to which I take exception.