View Single Post
Willow 06:58 AM 04-23-2013
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
Thank you! I definitely was already aware that I MUST have that paperwork before I can withhold his daughter from him- but I was not aware until just now that it must be signed by a judge. I just spoke to the town deputy and he emphasized multiple times that the paperwork I receive MUST be signed by a judge to be legally able to withhold his daughter from him. I do not have the paperwork yet, so I am not sure if it's going to be signed by the judge (it is supposed to be emailed to me sometime today). I will definitely have to talk with DCM if it is not!

I'm so happy to hear you checked into that.

When I went through my divorce the first and only thing the judge signed was our final divorce decree after our court date. It was the very last thing we did.

I'd bet what you will get is a copy of what she filed or a copy of what she filed signed by court administration.....they are not the same thing as a finalized order signed by a judge.

Judges do not sign anything like that electronically!!!!

Since you have a good working relationship with law enforcement it wouldn't hurt to swing in with what you do get to confirm how to proceed.