View Single Post
Former Teacher 07:51 PM 07-14-2010
If this is the SAME child that JenNJ has spoken about before, the child is 2 years old. Of course he is going to throw temper tantrums. ALL children do at one point in their life. Some more than others. As Marina stated, when a child is that young it is a little different.

As for comments made about the hitting etc..from any school...well maybe this child needs to go to my former center. I was bruised, slapped, spit at, etc from ALL ages (well 5 years and younger). Was anything done? Nope of course not.

There was once a child who was 2 years old. We had him as an infant however the parents were having marriage problems and pulled him out. However, he eventually came back in. Well he was a BEAST. He wasn't abusive to the teachers. He was to the other kids. The teachers and I had to CONSTATNTLY shadow this child. Every night I had to tell the mother how horrible the day was etc.

Well one day L (the child) was hiding in the log house on the playground. One of the teachers spotted something he was holding that was shiny. So she ran to him and asked him to let her see his neat toy! He, thank God, showed her without a fight. Yep, it was a pocket knife. Now had this been public school and he was older, that would be considered a weapon. Not at my former center. My former director called the mother who of course denied knowing he had it and then confessed that he must ve gone in her purse when she wasn't looking.

Anyway the mother called back later saying she was pulling L of our center because she felt like we were all against her and her son. And that since we were always telling her about his awful days she just doesn't want to bring him to us anymore. However she will wait until Friday for his last day (this was Monday)

Long story short, my former director told the mother that we would be "willing to work with L and his behavior issues" I was like WHAT?!?!? This kid could have stabbed ANYONE. Yet nothing was done.

So anyway Jen, while I totally agree that the child is probably needing adjusting, I also believe you souldn't deal with the abuse. No one should.