View Single Post
Gemma 02:45 PM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by littlefriends:
Okay so I have two spots to fill right now and got asked by a family if I could watch their 3yr old boy for one month which I said sure because why not. He’s really sweet and easy going, has a few behavioral problems but nothing I can’t handle throughout the day. The problem is that he smells. Terrible. He’s been coming for two weeks and I’m not sure he’s had a bath at all. He’s come wearing the same socks and underwear for this whole week. Last week he didn’t wear any underwear at all. I had to go buy some for him to wear so he’d have some on every day. He smells so strong I have a hard time hugging him or helping him with his table activities. I feel terrible saying all this! What do I do? This morning he arrived and my whole living room smells now. The dad is a single dad and only gets him every few months because mom lives out of state. I don’t know much about the family more than that. Dad seems incredibly nice and is interested in dcb’s day and behavior. Gma is picking up for the first time this afternoon.
I have 2 kids that smell like that!
I still want to cuddle them so on really bad days I strip them down, temporarily dress them with spare clothes , wash the clothes they were wearing and put them back on.
On days that are just a little bit smelly I Fabreeze their clothes