View Single Post
Unregistered 09:39 PM 02-20-2010
Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I thought I should add that we are VERY consistent with rules and consequences, etc. but I really don't see how having him in time-out all day is going to help in his case (it works on some children, but not him, it doesn't seem). He doesn't even understand WHY he gets a time-out. He looks so confused when we make him sit down and by the time it's over (and he's jumped up and ran off from his time-out several times) he thinks he got time out because he got up rather than from pushing a 20 month old for example. Also, I mentioned the fights he gets into with a 4 yr old. The two children come out with scratches and marks all over them (and of course we break the fights up as quickly as we possibly can, so they only last a second). And the toddlers go home with bruises, I'm sure, from where he's pushed them down, or knocked them into things.
How much longer do you think we should give him for improvement? At the rate he's going, there's no way it can continue. It just seems to be getting worse every day. One parent already asked which child it was specifically that scratched their 25 mo old (I'm talking a scratch that drew blood). But if there's hope of quick improvement, we really don't want to terminate his care.