View Single Post
Willow 07:24 AM 10-25-2012
After going up to a cabin for a mini vacation over Memorial Weekend several years ago one of the couples ditched out in the middle of the night the day we were supposed to leave. They didn't leave compensation for their portion of the weekend and to boot, coincidentally? several of the very expensive adirondack chairs from the resort went missing. They did however leave a scribbled note on a paper plate saying they had a great time, had an emergency and had to get home but would reimburse everyone for paying their portion of the bill. The resort said they'd investigate the chairs on their own, I had been going to this resort since I was a child and they knew we had nothing to do with it.

My now ex worked with the guy and he told him to swing by after work to grab a check paying for their portion. Nothing seemed amiss at all. They talked off and on all day about how much fun the weekend had been. Ex went over there and to his surprise guy refused to answer the door. As he was getting in his car to leave a SHERIFF showed up. Guy claimed ex showed up unannounced and is harassing him for money he doesn't owe

The only reason ex didn't get arrested is he had the texts from guy telling him to come over to get the money he was owed by guy

(Before he left he snapped a picture with his phone of the "missing" adirondack chairs sitting on their front porch........)

After telling guy and his girlfriend that we'd be taking them to small claims court, a few days later we get a certified letter from the Judge **** show asking us to participate. As defendants mind you (?!) because guy and his girlfriend had notified the show they didn't owe us any money. That all of this is causing mental anguish and undue stress so they planned to sue us for. They weren't aware there would be children on our mini-vacation (ummm, all other couples in attendance had kids, they were well aware it's the reason why we got such a large cabin - we needed the extra rooms) and they were upset there wasn't more drinking and other "adult" activities
I filed with small claims court in our county the very next day. They gave us cash the day they were served and we never spoke to them again. (The resort was able to file theft charges that resulted in them returning the chairs - they wanted them back more than they wanted the money to replace them as the resort owners grandfather had made them).

I really didn't care if there was potential reimbursement for what we were owed, or potential reimbursement beyond what we were asking for. The show is an absolute joke and there was no way I was going to see it as any sort of potential "fun" for me. To have God knows what dragged out on television? The fact that my kids were there and they had a problem with it? I had no idea if I'd be raked over the coals by what sort of a person I was, what sort of a parent I was. Guy and his girlfriend were already steeped in lies, what else could they say to try to make them come out of this smelling like roses?

NOT worth it to me.

Judge **** is a mediator on the show, not an actual judge. And per the stipulations they make you sign to be on it her decisions are binding. If she decides to get a wild hair up her butt and make a fool of you regardless of the facts that's it. Not only are you out your money with no ability to appeal the decision but you're also out your reputation.

Sure, daycare parents may not be watching your debut, but no doubt they'll hear about it as will the rest of your community. Someone in my old town went on Judge **** and they put it in the paper The potential loss could be astronomical. You could possibly kiss your business and livelihood goodbye. You have no idea what this nut ball parent is going to try to present, and you have no idea how the nut ball "judge" is going to "rule" or what she's going to say if she decides to take you down.

I would highly advise you rethink even considering it OP. I'd hate to see this get any worse than it already is, because it definitely has the potential to totally blow up. The woman you're dealing with is straight crazy, you have no idea what she'll do or say to win.....all you have to do is look at what she's done so far.............