View Single Post
lilbiddapopcorn 10:42 PM 04-21-2009
I understand payment for sick days as a provider, BUT...if you were to go to court, you could bring up the fact that your child was very ill and you assumed after 10 days you would be expelled, because that's what our contract states. If you didn't ask her to hold a spot for you, then no, she should have abided by her own rules and expelled you after 10 days of not showing up and not paying. I believe she would lose this in court because of that clause in the contract and you need to stick to your guns if you don't want to end up paying it. I would bring that part of the contract up to her that says you'd be expelled and let her know she has no right to charge you if you didn't ask her to hold your spot. And yes, I think it's unreasonable under these circumstances to ask someone to pay that much all at once. Normally, as a provider, I did charge people for sick days because I couldn't afford not to, and most often I wouldn't get a call until an hour after I was expecting them anyway saying they were sick that day, so I planned everything assuming they would be there. At any rate, I agree with you on this one. Good luck.