View Single Post
Meeko 09:59 AM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by Willow:
Just to add some perspective, please don't assume every provider needs that.

There are plenty who do daycare for primary reasons other than to make the exact same paycheck every week. For some it's a moot point completely.

I understand that some are dependent on a consistent daycare income, and that's fine, others however make do on what they do bring in whether it's consistent or not. I am one of them. I may not have a packed house every single day and my weekly income may vary but I get by just fine.
You hit the nail on the head Willow! My day care is our only source of income. I DO need a steady paycheck. I couldn't imagine just HOPING I would make enough to pay my mortgage this month!!!

But I know someone in my city who also does day care hourly. She has just a handful of kids and they pay hourly just for the time they are there. This doesn't bother my friend as her day care money is simply her "allowance" money. Purely extra income. She spends it all on whatever she wants and the job gives her something to do. Her husband makes more than enough to support them. They get health insurance through his job and other benefits. She actually has no NEED to work at all.

We have totally different needs and run our day care's accordingly.