View Single Post
saved4always 05:57 PM 01-31-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I understand if there is a contract, but this is clearly a scheme to milk parents for full payment even they are not utilizing the services. If your cable goes out, by law your cable company must pro-rate your bill, and if your child is out for a day or two they should be willing and able to pro-rate your daycare bill. This kind of ridiculous policy encourages parents to bring their sick kids to school, and in turn the whole place turns into a den of sickness. Sorry greedy proprietors, some of us expect to pay ONLY for what we use.
Nice attitude. If you want on demand daycare, that is called "drop in care". And, as the pp said, that comes at a premium price and only if there is room for your child that day. If you want guaranteed daycare when you need it, you need to pay for your spot to be kept for you whether your child is there or not, if that is what the contract says. Daycare providers need a steady income just like parents do. You are not the only person with bills and a family to support.

And I am so SICK of ppl like you calling daycare providers "greedy". Many of us make around minimum wage to care for your little darlings. Believe me, no one is getting rich off of watching your kids.