Thread: Closings....
View Single Post
B Lou 08:05 AM 05-10-2012
As I am one of those providers that does not charge for vacations or holiday's, I would agree with both of you on one point or another.

I agree that parents need to read everything carefully and understand before signing any thing.

But I went into this business so that I could be my own boss. I choose my parents as well. I want it to be a good fit for everyone not just the parent. Any one that knows me on here knows I work very very long hours. I wouldn't say more then most, but long. I run my daycare as a true family setting. My whole family has been a part of my DC since the day I opened my doors. Even to this day, now that my own children have grown and moved out. They still come by to visit with the DCK. I keep DCK over the weekend if needed. They are all treated like they are a part of our family. So more stressful than any other job. Not in my case. I love my job and chose it for that reason. Just like any other job, if I didn't like it then I would find a new one.

I chose to be self employed. Therefor I do not feel comfortable charging for times I'm not open. That's the disadvantage of having your own business.

If you feel that your parents aren't a good fit then I would suggest it might be time to think about getting new ones.

Not really sure who this post was meant for, but as a parent if I was to read this I would feel that all daycare providers felt this.

I would hope that parents would realize that all providers do what work us us and not all the same.