View Single Post
E Daycare 01:57 PM 06-17-2012
Those of you who have teacher kids, what is your summer schedule like? Last year I had one teacher child and just let them come whenever. This year I thought that would work but I'm finding out this isn't gonna work. I have another teacher child this year along with a sibling group that consists of a baby. So at any given time my summer weeks are jam packed.

Last summer I had kids maybe 3 days a week and one or two kids on that day. Now I have 6 kids 3-4 times a week and telling parents when their kid can come is causing them to be all butt hurt. I have a dentist appt for myself I've had to change 3 times to accommodate these people and telling them one day this week isn't gonna work gives me snarky attitude.

I understand it's their vacation too but I'm being used as some PRN sitter now and they are adding their other kids whom aren't under contract. It's starting to get out of hand and it's the 3rd week of vacation for us.

I'd like some "summer" vacation days myself and from parents who cry to me all year about having to leave their "sweet lovey child" I'd expect some more time with their own kids.

Ive learned from this summer to implement a summer schedule next year, what are your summer schedules for your teacher kids?