View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 09:07 AM 09-16-2012
Originally Posted by providerandmomof4:
I charge one rate for full time and half that rate for part time. I won't accept just any part time schedule (aka..schedules right smack in the middle of the day) but currently I have one dcb that comes from 12-530 and I could take one morning part timer if someone needed. Which they haven't! I really don't like part time schedules because like you were saying, now I have to find a part timer for mornings...but I wanted the sibling set. One was full time, and his brother was just afternoons, after pre-k. I used to charge hourly trying to accommodate parents that only needed a few hours a day, but decided that it wasn't profitable because the child was taking a full time slot. So....now I have full time-anything over 25 hrs, and I decide depending on the children in care, whether or not it is worth it to take a part timer.
That's why I only charge per day. When you have a 12 - 5:30, it's going to be very difficult to find a morning person to fill that spot. I explain to my parents that exact thing and then also tell them it benefits them because on days that the child does not have school they are guaranteed the whole day with me because they're paying for it and then they don't have to worry about finding a place for him/her to go. I have never had anyone object to it at all.