View Single Post
MsLisa 09:31 AM 03-06-2015
I've been work for a YMCA Aftercare/After school program for a half a year now. Before I came it was absolute chaos. Kids so violent and unruly i'm surprised it stayed open. Didn't help that it was ran by young idiots who all have left since (and so has most of those kids).

So since i've been here, we've just got rid of 2 who were completely disrespectful, but not terminated for that reason. They owed almost $2,000 in payments before they were removed and handed over to collections. Why wait that long you ask? We generally can't terminate a kid unless they are a complete danger to everyone or have kids to replace them as we can't afford to drop enrollment.

As of now, my boss has gotten a little stricter about this stuff, being we have full enrollment and a waiting list (thanks to me!!). If a child gets 3 notes home from me, they are suspended until we have a parent conference. We just added that any sort of violence will immediately result in a note home. So a lot of these kids have shaped up since they learned Ms. Lisa doesn't play around. Haven't had to term a kid since those 2 above.