Thread: Pre K
View Single Post
prioritizepre-k 04:56 PM 01-15-2011
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
i just find it hilarious that you direct that toward the middle class. i personally find it disgusting that every female in tennessee who gets knocked up and doesn't work gets free healthcare for the rest of their lives practically along with food stamps, housing, PRE-K, etc. etc. and countless WORKING people can't go to the hospital when they're really, really sick because they can't afford insurance. they don't need to work, why would they? they're better off NOT working. they're not REALLY poor "due to various circumstances." most of them are shacked up with a boyfriend who works and they just don't report it to the govt. so they can keep getting all the bonuses like free food, free rent, free healthcare.

i don't think expanding pre-k so that children whose parents make "too much" (and YES three dollars over the limit is LITERALLY considered TOO MUCH)would be considered "creating entitlement programs for the middle class."

anyhow, what's the issue? are you afraid your preschool would go under if preschool were offered to all children? school is offered to all children and people still choose to send their children to private schools.
I direct my comments about the middle class because I was responding to what you said about the middle class getting screwed.

Yes there are many that take advantage of the system. So because people know how to play the system, we should institute a 50 billion dollar universal pre-k programs. That's no solution.

How about taking the economic parameters and expanding them so we can reach more people.

You ask what is the issue? The issue is we can not afford to run this type of program. Our country is in a economic crisis. Our public schools are cutting programs now because they can't afford them. How do you propose we pay for this extremely expensive, unproven program?