Thread: Xmas Presents
View Single Post
kiddiecare 05:30 AM 12-10-2009
'For the parent's who are not paid up to date I got books for the children with their latest statement. '
That statement cracked me up! Without knowing what your policies are or what kind of contract you have I think adding the invoice to thier kids presents will definitely get thier attention. I eliminated late or non payments by making the dcp pay every friday a week in advance of care. The parents know they owe and were probably thinking they could just keep holding you off, but i agree with Mac60, it's unfair to punish the kids because of the parents irresponsibility. I hadnt planned on getting my dck anything for xmas as i was to broke but i was able to do some house cleaning on the side and get some $ for xmas so my kiddos are getting some books, a xmas ornament, some baked goodies and for the parents I am making some really cute picture frames of their kids that i got from another provider on another site. I paid $5 at walmart for the frames and got some scrapbooking paper with a few stickers and the rest of the items needed i already had in my arts and crafts stuff. I do think that i will have at least one parent get something for the daycare, I will be sending out a newsletter stating that due to the children's different schedules I will not be doing a xmas party this year and that if they would like to get something then letting their child pick out an age appropriate toy for the daycare would be cool.