Thread: Xmas Presents
View Single Post
GretasLittleFriends 06:51 AM 12-17-2009
I got each of my children a book and something that goes with the book. For example, I got one little guy a Pooh board book called Roo's Adventures, then I got him a stuffed kangaroo to go with it. Most of the kids got stuffed animals. The one exception is the first grader I have. She's my oldest one and growing out of stuffed animals. I got her a book called Beads on a String and to go with it I got her a small beading kit to make keychains out of pony beads. I did talk to her mother ahead of time to make sure that mom and dad were ok with this. I got all of the books at the thrift store (in very good to excellent condition), so I only spent about $5 per child.

I had to terminate one family not that long ago, and being as I had the kids' gifts already, and they purchased with those specific kids in mind I did give them their gifts ahead of time. I have another family starting the week after Christmas, but I figure since they weren't here for Christmas I'm not going to get them anything. If they had started this week or next then I still would.