View Single Post
Lucy 11:35 AM 12-11-2013
(correction below. I read it wrong)

Sometimes by age 4, but normally we quit or taper off sometime during the summer before Kindergarten.

The general "rule" for me is the summer before they go to Kindergarten. But that depends A LOT on the kid. I've had some who just didn't NEED the sleep at age 4. On the opposite end, I had one boy who went to AM Kinder, and napped an hour when he got back here. He was just one of those kids who needed a little extra. I go by the kid's need.

Disclaimer: No, the kids DO NOT get a say in whether or not they nap. And neither does the parent. It's MY call. Period. Some just don't benefit from it at about age 4. They lay there wide awake. So yeah, depends on the kid is my answer lol.

ETA:

Oh my goodness.... you said MORNING naps!! My bad. Guess I should read the whole thing before I respond!!!

Ok, so I'd go by the kid's need on that too. Gosh, it's been awhile since I had one that young, but in my almost 20 years of daycare, I'd say about 18 months was my average for transitioning to one nap a day. That being said, I probably had some who did it at 15 months, and some at like 22 months. Just depends. I'm shocked this mom wouldn't think hers needed one at age 14 months. Is it her first kid?