View Single Post
missnikki 06:39 AM 09-15-2010
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
I think the provider should be open about how they discipline their child. It speaks to their moral code and values! You should be proud of what you do during the day to handle children's natural challenges! If you resort to spanking your children or others maybe there are some child development classes or guidance classes you can take in your area.
For crying out loud, people...this has turned into a different topic than the OP but I'll bite...

I can count on one hand the # of times I've swatted my kids' behind. She's 13 and she's doing just fine. Every parent I work with knows and loves her. Many comment on her kindness and respect. They have often come to me with problems of their own looking for an opinion, and guess what- I have said "I can count on one hand the number of times I've swatted my daughter's behind." I am not ashamed of the way I raised my daughter in the least. I know no one is perfect, and we all have our opinions. In the end, can you say your child is respectful of themselves and others? If so, you did something right.